Heber 2nd Ward Exterior
Apparently, the beautiful design and detailing of this English Gothic Parish church caused hard feelings for the other two wards in Heber that built meetinghouses at the same time. The site was purchased in 1913 and housed a Methodist church which was moved and used by the Center Creek ward. Construction began in 1914 and was mostly done by ward members. By 1915 the building was completed, paid off, and dedicated by Apostle Francis Lyman on Dec 26, 1915. Classrooms for Sunday School were located beneath the capacity 400-seat chapel. In 1954, the newly created 5th Ward also began to use the building which led to a new and much larger stake center to be built several blocks away during the 1960′s. Eventually the building was sold to the Catholic Church which still holds services to this day.
5 S 100 W
Architect: Joseph Nelson
Sold 1960′s; Now St Lawrence Catholic Church
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Map Location of Building