Discovering Great Mormon Buildings

Salt Lake Liberty Ward

Salt Lake Liberty Ward Stained Glass


A beautiful window containing Alpha, Omega, a beehive, a bundle of wheat, and two crosses.

445 E Harvard
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1908
Amusement Hall added 1924
Map Location of Building


Salt Lake Liberty Ward Exterior


Construction began April 6, 1908 and was completed six months later, with services first held on October 11, 1908. The plan is unusual for LDS chapels, being in the shape of a traditional Christian cruciform. Additionally, the stained glass windows contain crosses, beehives and the first vision. The grand exterior stair leading to the tower entry has been completely changed, as can be seen from the original image below. The building was remodeled in 1917 by architects Cannon and Fetzer. And an Amusement Hall was added in 1924.

Image from Deseret News dated 10 Oct 1908

445 E Harvard
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1908
Amusement Hall added 1924
Map Location of Building


Salt Lake Liberty Ward Stained Glass

445 E Harvard
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1917
Architect: Cannon and Fetzer
Amusement Hall added 1924
Map Location of Building


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 434 other followers