Discovering Great Mormon Buildings

Posts tagged “Utah

Granite Stake Tabernacle Chapel Interior

Also known as the Lincoln Ward Meetinghouse
2005 S 900 E
Salt Lake City, UT
Plans dated April 1929
Architect: Anderson & Young (Edward O Anderson & Lorenzo S Young)
Click for Map Location of Building


Granite Stake Tabernacle Pulpit

Also known as the Lincoln Ward Meetinghouse
2005 S 900 E
Salt Lake City, UT
Plans dated April 1929
Architect: Anderson & Young (Edward O Anderson & Lorenzo S Young)
Click for Map Location of Building


Salt Lake 5th Ward Exterior


The faded sign above the front entry says ‘Latter-Day Saints Ward Assembly Hall’

740 S 300 W
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1910
Architect: Cannon and Fetzer
Now Tibetan Buddhist Temple & Red Lotus School of Movement
Click for Map Location of Building


Salt Lake 5th Ward Chapel Interior


Interior of Club @ – Phantom photos by Ryan


Interior of Club @

740 S 300 W
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1910
Architect: Cannon and Fetzer
Now Tibetan Buddhist Temple & Red Lotus School of Movement
Click for Map Location of Building


Salt Lake 5th Ward Chapel Interior

740 S 300 W
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1910
Architect: Cannon and Fetzer
Now Tibetan Buddhist Temple & Red Lotus School of Movement
Click for Map Location of Building


Highland Park Ward Chapel Interior

2535 Douglas St
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1924
Architect: Pope and Burton
Click for Map Location of Building


Salt Lake 8th Ward Exterior

270 E 500 S
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1922
Architect: Cannon & Fetzer
Click for Map Location of Building


Tremonton 1st Ward Detail

166 N Tremont St
Tremonton, UT
Built 1928
Click for Map Location of Building


Tremonton 1st Ward Exterior

166 N Tremont St
Tremonton, UT
Built 1928
Click for Map Location of Building


Ogden 4th Ward Font Room

In the original building, the baptismal font was located directly below this painted mural. Rather than the painting, though, there was some type of art glass window centered in the wall. In 1936, decorative railings were added around this font. Sometime prior to 1975, the art glass window was removed and this mural was added over the font. The text on the left wall of the painting says “Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. And in the lower right corner is the artists name, C. E. Tillotson. During a building remodel in 1975, the font was moved to the other side of the room (to the right of this picture) and directly linked to new showers, changing rooms and restrooms. The font hole was filled in, floored over and the mural was preserved.

2115 Jefferson Ave
Ogden, UT
Built 1930
Click for Map Location of Building


Ogden 4th Ward Tower Room

This Tower Room is located directly above the main entry of the building and was originally called the Prayer Room. It has chandeliers, extremely plush carpet, a fireplace and lots of paintings. The current use is for firesides, special meetings, and setting people apart for various callings.

2115 Jefferson Ave
Ogden, UT
Built 1930
Click for Map Location of Building


Ogden 4th Ward Exterior

I have changed the previous entries of this building listed under the Buenaventura Ward to the Ogden 4th Ward. The 4th Ward is the historical and original name of both the building and the ward, while Buenaventura is the current name. So here is an exterior image of this beautiful and striking building. The area above the entry is a large room now called the Tower room, but was originally called the Prayer room. I’ll post additional pictures of this unique room shortly.

2115 Jefferson Ave
Ogden, UT
Built 1930
Click for Map Location of Building


Salt Lake 2nd Ward Exterior

704 S 500 E
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1908
Click for Map Location of Building


Farmington Ward Exterior

272 N Main
Farmington, UT
Built 1862
Click for Map Location of Building


Farmington Ward Chapel Interior


Primary Memorial Chapel – the Primary Association was organized in this building in 1878. The Daughters of Utah pioneers plaque on the exterior of the building states 11 Aug 1878, while the caption of the chapel painting states 25 Aug 1878.

272 N Main
Farmington, UT
Built 1862
Click for Map Location of Building


Westminster Ward Stained Glass

1950 S 1200 E
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1924
Click for Map Location of Building


Ogden Deaf Branch Detail

740 21st St
Ogden, UT
Built 1916
Click for Map Location of Building


Westminster Ward Chapel Interior

1950 S 1200 E
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1924
Click for Map Location of Building


Salt Lake 20th Ward Exterior


Recreation Center Entrance

107 G ST
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1924
Click for Map Location of Building


Salt Lake 20th Ward Chapel Interior

107 G ST
Salt Lake City, UT
Built 1924
Click for Map Location of Building


Ogden Deaf Branch Exterior

740 21st St
Ogden, UT
Built 1916
Click for Map Location of Building


Kaysville Tabernacle Exterior

198 W Center
Kaysville, UT
Built 1912
Architect: William Allen
Click for Map Location of Building


Ogden 4th Ward Stained Glass

This particular window is on the side of the Stage, but this same window occurs throughout the Chapel and Cultural hall as well.

2115 Jefferson Ave
Ogden, UT
Built 1930
Click for Map Location of Building


Ogden 4th Ward Entry


Large entry lobby to the building – centered underneath the main tower. From the doors, stairs lead up to the chapel and cultural hall, and down to classrooms and gym.

2115 Jefferson Ave
Ogden, UT
Built 1930
Click for Map Location of Building


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 433 other followers