Claremont Ward Chapel Interior
This would have been the front of the chapel where the location of the rostrum was.
2334 Stuart Street
Architect: Possibly Leslie Dean Price (He designed the Overlook chapel in Walnut Creek – a similar looking building)
Dedicated 1955. Renamed Oakland 5th Ward in 1965. Ward dissolved in 1970 and sold to a Christian church – possibly the Unification Church (Moonies). Sold to Hare Krishna’s several years after this.
Now the New Jagannatha Puri (ISKCON Berkeley Hare Krishna Temple)
Click for Map Location of Building
Leave a Reply