American Fork 3rd Ward Exterior
The main rectangular chapel was built from 1903-1905. A Recreation hall and classroom wing at the right side of this photo were added in 1938 and an additional wing was added in 1958. About 1970, the large front stained glass window and main tower entrance were bricked in. In the 1980’s the aluminum soffits around the exterior perimeter were added. Probably in the 1980’s also, the exterior doors were all replaced with glass and aluminum doors. When the property was sold in 1994, the steeple was first removed by the church. From 1994 to 2000 the building was used as a preschool during which the pews were removed from the chapel and the stage was removed from the cultural hall. In 2001 the building was remodeled as a reception center by restoring some of the original elements. Stained glass was added back where it had been removed, entry and other exterior doors were replaced with wooden doors again, and the brick, sandstone and concrete were cleaned and repaired.
190 W 300 N
American Fork, UT
Built 1903-1905; Recreation hall and classroom wing added 1938 and additional wing added 1958
Sold 1994; Now Northampton House reception center
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Click for Map Location of Building